Friday, November 13, 2009

Global Positioning Satellites

We live in interesting times.
I know you have heard that before but it really is true.

I am so amazed at all the things that have become a real part of our everyday lives in the last 40 years, flat screen TV, computers, digital cameras, blue tooth phones and Global Positioning Satellites.

Gosh, who would have thought that such technology would be put in the hands of everyday people and that we would make such wide spread use of it. Today I ordered my first GPS and did so as simple as if I had bought a new pair of paints. I don't want to speak for others but it seems these days that in America, we often take for granted so much of the abundance we have available.

I am excited to think that I will never get lost again, that I will find my way on highways, back roads and trails, through valeys over mountains, on waterways, lakes, and oceans. My mail ego will never have to shrink to ask directions of anyone ever again. I can now sit tall in the knowledge that I know where I am going and exactly how I am going to get there.  No more mystery's no more dramas... just what I need right?

So here is the best part of having a GPS... You can turn it off and get as lost as you want, whenever you want. Sure is good to have the choice.

No comments: