Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sabbatical 2010

I have been teaching at the Art Institute of Seattle now for over 13 years and have just recently been awarded this wonderful opportunity to have time off to fulfill a creative photographic ambition I have had for as many years as I have been teaching.
I will begin the sabbatical in the spring of 2010. The focus of this journey will be to digitally photograph what I think are beautiful places with a working title “America Still Beautiful”.  Using totally digital equipment I will be shooting high dynamic range panoramas as well as other sophisticated but less demanding compositions on a Canon 5D with a fibor carbon Manfroto tripod with a Giotto ball head.
For processing the images I have a Mac book pro laptop using Adobe Lightroom 2 and Photoshop CS4 software products for processing after capture of the work.
I am pleased and excited to have the opportunity to do this creative work and am grateful to the selection committee of the Art Institute of Seattle for their faith in me. I will soon begin planning my travels and as time permits I will post the results. Stay tuned…

No comments: